How To Clean Your Electric Kettle
Learn how to clean your electric kettle with these natural remedies.
The electric kettle is a very useful device: not only can we use it to make infusions, but it will also be our faithful ally if we have to prepare bottles continuously.
But, unfortunately, it's not all that wonderful, and the lime we find when cleaning can bring us more of a headache. If you want to learn how to do it correctly, do not miss these tips on how to clean your electric kettle.
Why do you have to clean the electric kettle?
One thing is certain: the electric kettle is a very clean appliance. By not introducing food inside or anything that can significantly dirty it, it seems that it is eternally in a state of neatness. It is for this same reason that many people mistakenly assume that it is not necessary to clean it thoroughly when it is essential.
Filling it with water, again and again, causes a whitish layer of lime to be generated on its walls that can be harmful to our health. Therefore, it is necessary to make a periodic cleaning that eliminates all the remains that are inside.
How to clean the electric kettle
- Add water and white vinegar. White vinegar is the key substance that will help you thoroughly clean your electric kettle, and naturally! Fill ¾ parts of the kettle with water and add the remaining ¼ with white vinegar.
- Boil it. Once you have mixed both liquids well, put the electric kettle on as usual and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Give it time to rest. So that the vinegar can do its job, turn off the appliance and let it stand for 2 to 3 hours. This will cause the lime layer to soften and peel off on its own.
- Rinse with water. When this time interval has elapsed, empty the kettle, fill it with water and bring it to a boil to clarify it. In principle, it is enough to perform this step once, but we recommend that you change the water up to 3 times so that the smell of vinegar disappears completely.
- Repeat the process once a month. This procedure is very effective, but we will not achieve anything if we leave a very wide space between cleaning and cleaning. Ideally, do it once a month if you usually give it continued use, or every two months if you only use it occasionally.
The procedure we have listed above is ideal for those who use their electric kettle regularly. However, we know that there are people who have never cleaned it or who have not used it for a long time after having used it for months. For these cases, you must follow the above process by multiplying by two all the data we have given you. For example: instead of letting it stand for 2 or 3 hours, you should let it sit for 4 to 6.
Brio Moderna Water Dispenser
Brio Moderna Water Dispenser is a stainless steel water cooler.
Pohl Schmitt Electric Kettle
Venoly Whistling Tea Kettle
SUSTEAS Whistling Tea Kettle
R.W.FLAME Water Dispenser
This R.W.FLAME Water Cooler Dispenser has a built-in ice maker.
Secura Milk Frother
Lxuemlu TDS Meter
Owala FreeSip Water Bottle
Owala FreeSip Clear Water Bottle has a capacity of 25 oz and has a wide-mouth opening.