Looking for the Best Water Filter Pitcher? Here Are 14 Excellent Options for 2019
The best water filter pitchers make tap water even cleaner and safer. But which pitcher should you choose? Here are 14 great options for 2019.
Many people don’t consume enough water to stay hydrated, and one reason for this is the fear that tap water isn't safe enough, despite much evidence to the contrary.
The good news for those who have this concern is that there are other options, beginning with water filter pitchers.
There are many pitchers on the market with different features, benefits, and effectiveness.
If you're on the lookout for one, the first attributes you want to check are filter quality, effectiveness in eliminating contaminants, and capacity (the size of your family can help determine this).
To help you choose the pitcher that's best for you, we've researched 14 of the best for 2019. Here they are in no particular order.
Brita 42629 Slim Water Filter Pitcher
Due to its small size, this water filter pitcher is ideal for use by small families. It provides enough safe drinking water without taking up a lot of space on the countertop, and it fits comfortably in the inside part of your fridge door.
With a capacity of five cups and a BPA-free plastic shell, it’s also lightweight so that children can use it to filter their drinking water on their own.
The design of the lid opens all the way to give you enough room to refill it, and the ergonomic handle is easy to use.
- Small, portable, and simple design
- Easy to clean
- Dramatically improves water taste and smell
- It lacks a filter indicator that reminds you when to have the filter changed
Invigorated Water FBA Deepa Restore Water Filter
This water filter pitcher comes with a modern design and an easy-to-fill lid system. The digital gauge makes it easy for you to know when it's time to change the filter.
The new enhanced filter design contains zeolite, ceramic ball blend, micro nets, and activated coconut carbon charcoal to remove both organic and inorganic matter such as heavy metals, arsenic, fluoride, chloramine, and chlorine.
- Modern design
- Improves the quality of natural water to aid in metabolism
- Digital gauge makes it easy to monitor when to change the filter
- Huge filter capacity
- Doesn't increase the pH of the water to desired levels
- Requires filter replacement often
Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
The Aquagear model is in the running for the best water filter pitcher of 2019 since it has so much to offer. Its price of about $70 places it in the more expensive spectrum, but it's worth every penny.
A good choice for people who are conscious about the environment, this pitcher can filter 150 gallons of water before requiring replacement.
- Made in the US and highly durable
- Filter lasts for seven months, which is longer than most other models
- BPA-free material
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Eliminates 89 contaminants
- Lacks filter indicator
PUR 18-Cup Dispenser with Filter
This water filter pitcher is ideal for a family of four or fewer people. It comes with a BPA-free, clear container endowed with a beautiful deep blue reservoir, and it's slim enough to fit in your fridge with ease. The filter should be changed every two to three months.
- Slim design that fits in the fridge
- Comes with a tap for convenience
- Improves water taste and smell
- Large capacity
- Does have a filter indicator
- Some faulty units have found their way into the market
- Doesn’t come with a handle like most other filters
Brita Large 10-Cup Everyday Water Pitcher
The Brita models are prevalent in many households, but this is a must-have model, especially for small- to medium-sized families.
The Brita Everyday pitcher can filter about 40 gallons of water, removing toxins like chlorine, copper, mercury, and cadmium. Since it lacks a filter indicator, consider replacing it every two months.
- Improves the smell, taste, and quality of water
- Moderate size
- Easy to clean
- BPA-free material
- Lacks filter change indicator
- The design isn’t appealing
AlexaPure Pitcher Water Filter
This is a revolutionary pitcher-style water filtration system that can eliminate approximately 99.9% of contaminants in water. It can filter up to 80 gallons before requiring replacement.
The revolutionary double-filter system reduces the time it takes to filter your water. Its capacity is about half a gallon.
- Retains the essential trace elements in water
- Raises the pH to healthy levels
- BPA-free materials
- The filter requires replacement every 45 days
- Small capacity
BWT- Designer Water Filter Pitcher
The BWT-designer filter pitcher has won awards for being the best in quality and technology advancement, which provides for superior filtration and great water taste. The magnesium technology eliminates chlorine and heavy metals, but gives your family a safe daily dose of magnesium.
- Eliminates scale-forming elements
- Creates balanced taste in water
- Award-winning design and technology
- Unsurpassed filtration
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Relatively small
- The filter needs to be boiled every so often
ZeroWater Six-Cup Pitcher
With the ZeroWater pitcher, you’re guaranteed to have cleaner, purer tasting water. It’s BPA-free and comfortably sits in your fridge.
It uses a five-stage process that's certified to get rid of all contaminants. When replacing the filter, you can use one from other brands like Brita, Pur, Waterdrop, and Kenmore, among others.
- The filters use Ion Exchange Technology to get rid of contaminants
- Removes 99.6% of all dissolved solids
- Compatible with other filter brands
- Filter doesn't last long
- Gives the water a sour taste after a while
Pur Ultimate Water Dispenser
The Pur ultimate water dispenser is certified to reduce up to 99% of lead in water. It also removes 22 other contaminants to leave you with safe and clean drinking water.
The filter can only withstand 30 gallons, which is far fewer than most other models. This means that replacement is necessary every one to two months.
- Eliminates 99% of lead and 22 contaminants
- Superior water filtration
- Saves you about $1,000 in bottled water
- Compatible with other filter models
- Small capacity
- Requires frequent filter replacement
MAVEA was a famous brand in 2017 but has come back into the market in 2019. Made from rubberized materials, this pitcher has a unique and outstanding design. The filter can be recycled by printing out a postage form and sending it back to the company.
- Doesn’t require to be presoaked before use
- The filters are recyclable
- The filter doesn’t provide consistent use
- Not very common in the market
Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
This is an excellent pitcher for your kitchen because it produces exceptionally clean water, boasts impressive filter technology, and fits nicely in your fridge.
Some of the impurities it removes include pesticides, lead, pharmaceuticals, and glyphosate, but its capacity is only 0.5 gallon.
- Eliminates more than 98% of fluoride
- Effectively removes several other contaminants
- Slow filtering speed
- Lacks a filter indicator
Seychelle Pitcher Water Filter Pitcher
This model comes with two filter cartridges instead of one to ensure you always have clean water. The filters work very fast and are highly effective, but filtering well water and salty water should be avoided because they'll clog the filter.
- Removes up to 99.9% of water contaminants
- The components of the filters are food-grade materials
- Filters highly prone to clogging
- Not ideal for use with hard water
Reshape Water Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
The design of this pitcher is highly unique because it can filter and alkalinize water at the same time. The double filters can last for two to eight months before requiring replacement.
- Double-filter system filters and alkalinizes water simultaneously
- Filters add minerals to the water, increasing the nutritional value
- Made from thick, commercial-grade ABS plastic
- Filters are hard to change
- The filtering rate may slow down with time
Dragon Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
The Dragon filter pitcher uses one of the most sophisticated technologies to remove contaminants from your water: infrared energy, which softens the water by raising the pH. This model has a capacity of one gallon, so you won’t need to refill it many times during the day.
- Advanced infrared-energy technology
- Effective water alkalizer
- Very good at adding minerals to your water
- Filters often get clogged
- Filters not very durable
Water filter pitchers are a far better option than disposable bottled water because they produce cleaner, safer water and are much more affordable in the long run.
If you want more information on other filtration options, be sure to check out this post on whole house water filters.
WaterZen exists to improve your family's health by making information about the water you drink more accessible, straightforward, and easy-to-understand. We do this by providing clear, simple water-quality information for your area based on data from your local water provider, unbiased comparisons, health standards, and expert opinions.
The way we see it, what you're informed about the quality of your water and then empowered to protect your family (and your community), you've achieved "water zen".