The Greater Ramsey Water District supplies water to about 5,280 residents in the Devils Lake area of Ramsey County, North Dakota. Greater Ramsey Water District provides water from different sources, including three wells pumping from Spiritwood Aquifer to supply the District's treatment facility and Carrington Aquifers through the City of Carrington. The water is treated to remove iron and manganese contaminants,
disinfected with chlorine, and fluoridated to prevent tooth decay before it is distributed to the customers. During peak seasons, water is purchased from the City of Devils Lake and the Northeast Regional Water District. The hardness level of GRWD's water is considered low. 

API Uploaded Image

Devils Lake Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Greater Ramsey Water District to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Greater Ramsey Water District website.

Contact Greater Ramsey Water District Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
113 Shamrock Lane Se
Po Box 1257
Devils Lake, North Dakota 58301


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Greater Ramsey Water District Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Greater Ramsey Water District site. Greater Ramsey Water District accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Devils Lake Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Devils Lake, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Greater Ramsey Water District. Luckily, Devils Lake has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Devils Lake, you'll need to stop your water service with the Greater Ramsey Water District, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.