Jamestown has multiple water providers: Jamestown Water Department and Stutsman Rural Water. This page provides information about Stutsman Rural Water.

Stutsman Rural Water District, a community water system that provides water to about 5,550 residents living in Jamestown, Stutsman County, North Dakota. Founded in 1883, the Stutsman Rural Water District System currently obtains its supply from groundwater sources, primarily wells that drill into the Spiritwood Aquifer underneath the area. Furthermore, to cater to the North and West area consumers, Stutsman purchases groundwater from the City of Carrington, a groundwater source that drills into the Carrington Aquifer underneath the area.
API Uploaded Image

Jamestown Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Stutsman Rural Water to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Stutsman Rural Water website.

Contact Stutsman Rural Water Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
1812 Hwy 281 N
Jamestown, North Dakota 58401


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Stutsman Rural Water Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Stutsman Rural Water site. Stutsman Rural Water accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Jamestown Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Jamestown, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Stutsman Rural Water. Luckily, Jamestown has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Jamestown, you'll need to stop your water service with the Stutsman Rural Water, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.