Published 02/02/2019 in Water Providers

Alameda County Water

The Alameda County Water District services more than 350,000 residents of Fremont, Newark, and Union City, California. Founded in 1914, Alameda County Water collects water from the State Water Project, the San Francisco Regional Water Supply, the Niles Cone Groundwater Basin, and the De Valle Reservoir to ensure that the area has enough clean water to sustain its growth.

Alameda Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Alameda County Water to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report.

The information in this report includes the source of your water, whether your water meets EPA standards, detailed tables of detected contaminants, detailed descriptions of those contaminants, possible reasons why they're present, and potential health effects (if any).

Read the Consumer Confidence Report for Alameda main water system here:

Contact Alameda County Water Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service
510-668-4200 (Mon–Fri, 8:00 AM–5:00 PM)

Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Alameda County Water Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Alameda County Water site. Alameda County Water accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

Want to create a new account?

You can create a new account on the Alameda County Water website. Once you create the account, you can setup payment with credit, debit, or direct deposit. Click here to create an account.

Want to pay without an account?

You can make a one-time payment without creating an account. You will need to have your credit or debit card in order to make the one time payment. Click here to make a one time payment.

How to Start Fremont Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Alameda, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Alameda County Water. Luckily, Fremont has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a a home in Alameda, you'll need to stop your water service with the Alameda County Water, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.


In this post: Alameda, Alameda County Water, drinking water, water quality, Fremont, California, 94538