Williston has multiple water providers: Williston Water and Northwest Rural Water District. This page provides information about Northwest Rural Water District.

The Northwest Rural Water District supplies water to about 5,102 residents living in the Williston area of Williams County, North Dakota. Founded in 1974, Northwest Rural Water District receives water from the Western Area Water Supply, which draws from the Missouri River. The water is delivered to the water treatment facility on the north bank of the Missouri River close to the Lewis & Clark Bridge on Highway 85. Water is obtained from the R & T Water Supply system during emergencies, and chloramine is used for water disinfection to control microbes.

API Uploaded Image

Williston Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Northwest Rural Water District to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Northwest Rural Water District website.

Contact Northwest Rural Water District Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
5091 142Nd Ave Nw
Po Box 1285
Williston, North Dakota 58802-1285


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Northwest Rural Water District Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Northwest Rural Water District site. Northwest Rural Water District accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Williston Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Williston, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Northwest Rural Water District. Luckily, Williston has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Williston, you'll need to stop your water service with the Northwest Rural Water District, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.