Hayden has multiple water providers: Hayden Lake Irrigation District and Avondale Irrigation District. This page provides information about Avondale Irrigation District.

The Avondale Irrigation District supplies water to about 7,500 residents living in the Hayden area of Kootenai County, Idaho. Founded in 1908, Avondale Irrigation District collects water from Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer.

API Uploaded Image

Hayden Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Avondale Irrigation District to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Avondale Irrigation District website.

Contact Avondale Irrigation District Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
Po Box 81
Hayden, Idaho 83835


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Avondale Irrigation District Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Avondale Irrigation District site. Avondale Irrigation District accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Hayden Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Hayden, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Avondale Irrigation District. Luckily, Hayden has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Hayden, you'll need to stop your water service with the Avondale Irrigation District, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.