Torrance City Water Department
The Torrance Municipal Water (TMW), a community-owned water utility and a founding member of the Metropolitan Water District (MWD), provides water for about 106,460 residents living in the Torrance area. Established in 1921, the Torrance Municipal Water purchases 89% of its supply from Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), which originates from the Colorado River and Northern California. The remaining 11% from one operating well, pumping from the West Coast Ground Water Basin, and from a groundwater desalination project.
Torrance City Drinking Water Quality
Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports
Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Torrance City Water Department to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report.
The information in this report includes the source of your water, whether your water meets EPA standards, detailed tables of detected contaminants, detailed descriptions of those contaminants, possible reasons why they're present, and potential health effects (if any).
Read the Consumer Confidence Report for Torrance City main water system here:
Contact Torrance City Water Department Customer Service
Have a Question, Issue or Comment?
Main Customer Service
855-354-5623 (Mon–Fri, 7:30 AM–5:30 PM)
Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)
Pay Your Torrance City Water Department Bill
Already have an account?
If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Torrance City Water Department site. Torrance City Water Department accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.
Want to create a new account?
You can create a new account on the Torrance City Water Department website. Once you create the account, you can setup payment with credit, debit, or direct deposit. Click here to create an account.
Want to pay without an account?
You can make a one-time payment without creating an account. You will need to have your credit or debit card in order to make the one time payment. Click here to make a one time payment.
How to Start Torrance City Water Service
Starting Your Service
When you move to a new home in Torrance City, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Torrance City Water Department. Luckily, Torrance City has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.
Stopping Your Service
When you move out of a home in Torrance City, you'll need to stop your water service with the Torrance City Water Department, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.