The Town of Manchester provides water services to about 4,954 residents in the Manchester area of Carroll County, Maryland. The Town of Manchester Water Department's water comes from 19 groundwater wells and one surface water spring, the Walnut Street Spring, in the Gillis Group Formation Aquifer. The wells include Well #1, Holland Drive Well #2, Bachman Road Well #4, Patricia Ct. #7, Crossroads I #8, Crossroads II #9, Manchester Farms Well  B & D #10, Hallie Hills I #11, Ferrier Road 3 Wells #12, Park Ridge Wells A & B #13, Hallie Hills II Well L & N #14, and Manchester Valley HS 3 Wells #15. Bachman Road Well is in the Sam's Creek Formation Aquifer, and water from all sources is treated to improve the quality before it is distributed. 

API Uploaded Image

Manchester Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Town Of Manchester Water to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Town Of Manchester Water website.

Contact Town Of Manchester Water Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
Mayor & Council
3208 York Street, P.O. Box 830
Manchester, Maryland 21102-0830


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Town Of Manchester Water Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Town Of Manchester Water site. Town Of Manchester Water accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Manchester Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Manchester, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Town Of Manchester Water. Luckily, Manchester has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Manchester, you'll need to stop your water service with the Town Of Manchester Water, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.