Ann Arbor Water Services

The Ann Arbor Water, under the City Public Works Department, provides water for about 118,017 residents living in the Ann Arbor area. Established in 1824, The City of Ann Arbor’s water is comprised of both surface and ground water sources. About 85% of the water supply comes from the Huron River with the remaining 15% provided by multiple wells. The water from both sources is blended at the Water Treatment Plant.

API Uploaded Image

Ann Arbor Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Ann Arbor Water Services to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way.

Lead Report (2020)

A-

WaterZen Rating

Lead levels in the drinking water of some cities across the United States are too high, potentially creating public-health issues for the people living in those areas.

What about Ann Arbor Water? How much lead is in your drinking water? And how do those levels compare to other cities in the state? We examined data from hundreds of cities across the nation to understand and grade your water quality.

As you can see, Ann Arbor Water received the best-possible grade because the amounts of contaminants found in the water supply were better than the Public Health Goal and most other water providers we've analyzed.

Lead Report (2020)

A-

WaterZen Rating

Lead levels in the drinking water of some cities across the United States are too high, potentially creating public-health issues for the people living in those areas.

What about Ann Arbor Water? How much lead is in your drinking water? And how do those levels compare to other cities in the state? We examined data from hundreds of cities across the nation to understand and grade your water quality.

As you can see, Ann Arbor Water received the best-possible grade because the amounts of contaminants found in the water supply were better than the Public Health Goal and most other water providers we've analyzed.

Contact Ann Arbor Water Services Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
301 E. Huron Street P.O. Box 8647
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48107

734-794-6333
customerservice@a2gov.org

Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)
734-794-6333

Pay Your Ann Arbor Water Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Ann Arbor Water site. Ann Arbor Water accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

Want to create a new account?

You can create a new account on the Ann Arbor Water website. Once you create the account, you can setup payment with credit, debit, or direct deposit. Click here to create an account.

Want to pay without an account?

You can make a one-time payment without creating an account. You will need to have your credit or debit card in order to make the one time payment. Click here to make a one time payment.

How to Start Ann Arbor Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Ann Arbor, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Ann Arbor Water. Luckily, Ann Arbor has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Ann Arbor, you'll need to stop your water service with the Ann Arbor Water, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.

More Water Providers in Michigan