Pawc Lake Scranton Water
The PA American Water – Lake Scranton, Pennsylvania (including Abington District), a subsidiary of American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE: AWK), provides water for about 134,570 living residents in the Norristown area. Established in 1989, the Pennsylvania American Water – Lake Scranton collects water from the Lake Scranton, Elmhurst, Williams Bridge, Curtis and Hollister Reservoirs. There are 6 other sources on standby. The Lake Scranton Water Treatment Plant supplies approximately 60% of the Abington District water with the other 40% coming from the Abington District’s (8) ground water well supplies.
Norristown Drinking Water Quality
Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports
Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Pawc Lake Scranton Water to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report.
The information in this report includes the source of your water, whether your water meets EPA standards, detailed tables of detected contaminants, detailed descriptions of those contaminants, possible reasons why they're present, and potential health effects (if any).
Read the Consumer Confidence Report for Norristown main water system here:
Contact Pawc Lake Scranton Water Customer Service
Have a Question, Issue or Comment?
Main Customer Service
800-565-7292 (Mon–Fri, 7:00 AM–7:00 PM)
"No email provided. Please visit the contact form." (https://amwater.com/paaw/customer-service-billing/contact-us)
Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)
Pay Your PA American Water – Lake Scranton Bill
Already have an account?
If you already have an account, you just need to login to the PA American Water – Lake Scranton site. PA American Water – Lake Scranton accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.
Want to create a new account?
You can create a new account on the PA American Water – Lake Scranton website. Once you create the account, you can setup payment with credit, debit, or direct deposit. Click here to create an account.
Want to pay without an account?
You can make a one-time payment without creating an account. You will need to have your credit or debit card in order to make the one time payment. Click here to make a one time payment.
How to Start Norristown City Water Service
Starting Your Service
When you move to a new home in Norristown, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the PA American Water – Lake Scranton. Luckily, Norristown City has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.
Stopping Your Service
When you move out of a home in Norristown, you'll need to stop your water service with the PA American Water – Lake Scranton, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.