The City of Carthage Water, a public community water system under the City Water and Sewer Department, provides water to about 6,779 residents living in Carthage, Panola County, Texas. Founded in 1847, the City of Carthage Water System currently obtains its supply from Lake Murvaul, a surface water source, and groundwater sources, primarily wells that drill into the Wilcox Aquifer underneath the area.

API Uploaded Image

Carthage Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Carthage Water Department to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Carthage Water Department website.

Contact Carthage Water Department Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
Po Box 400
Carthage, Texas 75633-0400


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Carthage Water Department Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Carthage Water Department site. Carthage Water Department accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Carthage Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Carthage, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Carthage Water Department. Luckily, Carthage has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Carthage, you'll need to stop your water service with the Carthage Water Department, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.