Beaverton has multiple water providers: Joint Water Commission, Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD), and City Of Beaverton Water, view all. This page provides information about Joint Water Commission.

The Joint Water Commission (JWC), a public community water system under the local government, delivers water to over 450,000 residents living in Hillsboro, Washington County, Oregon. The JWC Water Treatment Plant is the largest conventional water treatment facility in Oregon and provides extraordinarily high-quality water. The water treatment plant was constructed in 1976 by the cities of Hillsboro and Forest Grove. The Joint Water Commission (JWC) treats only "surface water," originating from a river or reservoir. The JWC obtains all of its "raw" (untreated) water from the upper-Tualatin River during the winter, typically from mid-October to mid-June. During the summer, or "peak" season, which usually lasts from mid-June to mid-October, water from the city-ow

Ned Barney Reservoir and a small municipal supply from the Bureau of Reclamation-owned Scoggins Reservoir are added to the water from the upper Tualatin River (also called Hagg Lake).

API Uploaded Image

Hillsboro Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Joint Water Commission to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Joint Water Commission website.

Contact Joint Water Commission Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
150 E. Main Street
Third Floor
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Joint Water Commission Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Joint Water Commission site. Joint Water Commission accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

Want to create a new account?

You can create a new account on the Joint Water Commission website. Once you create the account, you can setup payment with credit, debit, or direct deposit. Click here to create an account.

Want to pay without an account?

You can make a one-time payment without creating an account. You will need to have your credit or debit card in order to make the one time payment. Click here to make a one time payment.

How to Start Beaverton Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Hillsboro, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Joint Water Commission. Luckily, Beaverton has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Hillsboro, you'll need to stop your water service with the Joint Water Commission, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.