The City of Newport Water, a public community water system under the City Department of Public Works, provides water to about 10,160 residents living in Newport, on the central coast of Oregon. Founded in 1882, the City of Newport Water System currently obtains its surface water supply from two sources: mainly from the Big Creek Reservoir, and a supplementary source during summer from the Siletz River.
API Uploaded Image

Newport Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Newport Water Department to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Newport Water Department website.

Contact Newport Water Department Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
169 Sw Coast Hwy
Newport, Oregon 97365


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Newport Water Department Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Newport Water Department site. Newport Water Department accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Newport Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Newport, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Newport Water Department. Luckily, Newport has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Newport, you'll need to stop your water service with the Newport Water Department, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.