Portland has multiple water providers: Portland Water, Rockwood PUD, and West Slope Water District, view all. This page provides information about West Slope Water District.

The West Slope Water District, a municipal corporation, supplies water to about 11,000 residents living in the Portland area of Washington County, Oregon. Founded in 1922, West Slope Water District covers about three-and-one-half square miles and shares boundaries with the Multnomah County line on the east and the City of Beaverton on the west. The West Slope Water Department purchases water through the City of Portland Water Bureau into its Sylvan Hill Reservoir. The source water comes from the Bull Run watershed in the  Sandy River River Basin and 25 active wells in the Columbia South Shore Wellfield.

API Uploaded Image

Portland Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires West Slope Water District to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the West Slope Water District website.

Contact West Slope Water District Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
Po Box 25140
Mike Grimm
Portland, Oregon 97298


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your West Slope Water District Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the West Slope Water District site. West Slope Water District accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Portland Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Portland, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the West Slope Water District. Luckily, Portland has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Portland, you'll need to stop your water service with the West Slope Water District, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.