The City of Rifle Utilities, a public community water system under the local government, provides water to about 9,489 residents living in Rifle, Garfield County, Colorado. Founded in 1882, the City of Rifle Utilities System currently obtains its surface water supply intake from the Colorado River.

API Uploaded Image

Rifle Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires City Of Rifle Utilities to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the City Of Rifle Utilities website.

Contact City Of Rifle Utilities Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
Po Box 1908
Rifle, Colorado 81650


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your City Of Rifle Utilities Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the City Of Rifle Utilities site. City Of Rifle Utilities accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Rifle Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Rifle, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the City Of Rifle Utilities. Luckily, Rifle has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Rifle, you'll need to stop your water service with the City Of Rifle Utilities, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.