Centre has multiple water providers: CCWSA and Centre Water. This page provides information about CCWSA.

Cherokee County Water and Sewer Authority (CCWSA), a public, not-for-profit governmental entity governed by a seven-member board of directors under Freese and Nichols, Inc., provides water to about 11,013 residents living in Piedmont, Georgia. Founded in 1955, the Cherokee County Water and Sewer Authority System currently obtains its surface water supply from the Etowah River, originating from the mountains of Lumpkin County north of Dahlonega and flowing to the southern area of the county. The daily capacity of the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility is 38 million gallons. More than 75,000 meters (more than 190,000 people) receive drinking water daily from this treatment facility and the CCWSA Lathem Drought Contingency Reservoir, both of which are situated in northeast Cherokee County.
API Uploaded Image

Piedmont Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires CCWSA to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the CCWSA website.

Contact CCWSA Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
161 East Main St
Centre, Alabama 35960


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your CCWSA Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the CCWSA site. CCWSA accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Centre Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Piedmont, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the CCWSA. Luckily, Centre has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Piedmont, you'll need to stop your water service with the CCWSA, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.