Citizens Water Service, Inc., a public community water system under the local government, provides water to about 11,670 residents living in Brookwood, a city in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. Founded in 1970, the Citizens Water Service, Inc. System currently obtains its supply from two groundwater wells, namely: Fort Payne Chert, and Knox Formation.
API Uploaded Image

Brookwood Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires Citizens Water to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the Citizens Water website.

Contact Citizens Water Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
Mr. Kenny Herring, President
Po Box 670
Vance, Alabama 35490


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your Citizens Water Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the Citizens Water site. Citizens Water accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

How to Start Vance Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Brookwood, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the Citizens Water. Luckily, Vance has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Brookwood, you'll need to stop your water service with the Citizens Water, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.