The V.A.W. Water System Inc., a public community water system under the City Department of Public Works, provides water for about 29,985 residents living in Vinemont, an unincorporated community in Cullman County, Alabama. Established in 1968, the V.A.W. Water System, Inc. currently obtains its supply from a blend of sources: surface water purchased from the City of Cullman, which is drawn from Lake Catoma, surface water purchased from the West Morgan East Lawrence Water and Sewer Authority (WM-EL), whose source is from the Wheeler Lake Reservoir, and Tennessee River (WM-EL also has connections with Decatur Utilities for an emergency supply if needed).

API Uploaded Image

Vinemont Drinking Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Water Quality Reports

Under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA requires V.A.W. Water System, Inc. to assess local water quality each year and distribute a Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report. At WaterZen, we review these reports and make the information available, in a concise, straightforward, and easy-to-understand way. You can find CCR report on the V.A.W. Water System, Inc. website.

Contact V.A.W. Water System, Inc. Customer Service

Have a Question, Issue or Comment?

Main Customer Service

Physical Address:
11802 AL Highway 157
P.O. Box 10
Vinemont, Alabama 35179


Emergency (24 hours - broken water main or pipeline, etc.)

Pay Your VAW Water Bill

Already have an account?

If you already have an account, you just need to login to the VAW Water site. VAW Water accepts credit cards, debit, and direct deposit. Click here to login.

Want to create a new account?

You can create a new account on the VAW Water website. Once you create the account, you can setup payment with credit, debit, or direct deposit. Click here to create an account.

Want to pay without an account?

You can make a one-time payment without creating an account. You will need to have your credit or debit card in order to make the one time payment. Click here to make a one time payment.

How to Start Vinemont Water Service

Starting Your Service

When you move to a new home in Vinemont, you'll most likely already have running water, but you'll still need to set up water service with the VAW Water. Luckily, Vinemont has made it pretty simple with the following online form. Starting service generally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Start Service Form.

Stopping Your Service

When you move out of a home in Vinemont, you'll need to stop your water service with the VAW Water, so you don't keep getting billed. Simply fill out the following online form. Stopping service normally takes just two business days.

Click here to fill out a Stop Service Form.